Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Golden Rock song of the day - 4/4/07

Today's song comes as familiar to anyone that knows me. I've been in love with this song since I first saw the trailer for Edmond Pang Ho-Cheung's Isabella. It's from Portugal, thus in Portuguese, and it's a song in the style of Fado, which is its national music genre. From the Hong Kong film Isabella's soundtrack and from the album Fado Em Mim, it's Mariza's "O Gente da Minha Terra."

Why? I literally listened to this song back-to-back to get inspiration for short film ideas because it happened to put me into that perfect melancholic mood. The vocals, the guitar, everything but the music video is damn near perfect. How can you NOT like this brilliant song? Chinese pop simply can't make anything this.



Here's a live performance of the song



And here it is, as used in the Isabella trailer, when I first fell in love with it.

No comments: